2015 Honda CB300F
Less Is More: the New CB300F is Here.
The new 2015 Honda CB300F--you get all the great CBR300R features, but in a bike that offers the pure, clean look some riders prefer—and once you see a CB300F, you may prefer it yourself. An added plus: The CB300F is a little bit lighter, and you sit up a little straighter. You’re a little more involved in your riding world. It’s an especially good choice for the urban rider.
The two share the same great engine—bigger and more powerful than the CBR250R, it offers a wider powerband and more power, great traits for a bike in this category. Like the CBR300R, thanks to it’s single-cylinder engine design, the CB300F is narrow, light, and fun. And the fuel-injected engine also offers excellent fuel economy.
But maybe the best news of all is the price. This is one bike you’ve got to check out.
Light, Narrow, Low: Because it’s a single-cylinder machine, the CB300F is narrow, and with its low 30.7-inch seat height and light 348-pound curb weight, putting your feet down in parking lots or at stoplights can be a lot easier.
The Power of One: The CB300F uses a single-cylinder engine with fuel injection, double-overhead cams and a counterbalancer. Sure that’s tech talk, but the architecture offers some very real advantages. Maybe the most important is power delivery: a single offers the kind of torque and midrange power that’s well suited for all levels of riders.
Awesome Fuel Efficiency: The new CB300F is a huge winner at the gas pump, with an estimated fuel efficiency rating of 71 miles per gallon. Plus, the bike is passenger capable and freeway legal—versatile, affordable, and fun!
- Single-Cylinder Engine: A single is the perfect choice for a bike like the CB300F. It's light, simple, provides excellent fuel efficiency and features a broad powerband with plenty of low-revving torque—just what you want in your first motorcycle.
- Counterbalance Shaft: Because it features a counterbalancer, the CB300F engine is a smooth runner. You get the narrow overall width and power advantages of a single along with the smoothness of a multi-cylinder bike.
- Fuel Injection: Fuel injection means the CB300F starts right up, even in cold weather. Compared to a carbureted bike, it also helps reduce emissions and enhance performance and fuel efficiency.
- Clean, Open Design: Less is more with a CB300F. The minimal bodywork gives this machine a clean, open naked styled sport bike look that’s not only cool but that helps make it even lighter.
- Pro-Link® Rear Suspension: The CB300F uses a single-shock preload- adjustable rear suspension that not only gives you a smooth ride, but helps enhance handling as well, just as on some of our larger sport models.
- Disc Brakes: The CB300F features front and rear hydraulic discs for excellent stopping power and brake feel. The single front 296mm and 220mm rear hydraulic discs helps keep things simple and lowers unsprung weight, too.
- Multifunction Digital Instrumentation: The CB300F’s digital gauges with analog tachometer provide vital riding information in a styled, hi-tech instrumentation package featuring digital speedometer, fuel gauge, coolant temp, tripmeter/odometer and clock.
- Narrow Seat & Low Seat Height: A low 30.7-inch seat height does more than help make sure the CB300F fits a wide range of riders. It makes it easier to put your feet down at stoplights and in parking lots—a big confidence builder. Plus, we’ll offer a Honda Genuine Accessory seat that’ll lower seat height even further!
- Under-seat Storage: Removing the rear passenger seat provides a lockable area to throw a map, gloves, or a spare set of sunglasses.
- Passenger Ready: A separate passenger seat, integrated grab rail, and standard passenger footpegs mean you can take a friend along when you go riding–another example of the CB300F's versatility.
- Engine Type: 286cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 76mm x 63mm
- Induction: PGM-Fi, 38mm throttle body
- Ignition: Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Front Suspension: 37mm fork; 4.65 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link single shock with five positions of spring preload adjustability; 4.07 in. travel
- Front Brake: Single 296mm disc
- Rear Brake: Single 220mm disc
- Front Tire: 110/70-17 radial
- Rear Tire: 140/70-17 radial
- Rake: 25.30 deg.
- Trail: 98mm (3.9 in.)
- Wheelbase: 54.3 in.
- Seat Height: 30.7 in.
- Curb Weight: 348 lb. includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel-ready to ride.
- Fuel Capacity: 3.4 gal.
- Miles Per Gallon: 71 MPG
- Model Id: CB300F
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Red
- Engine Type
- Single-cylinder four-stroke
- 286 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 76mm x 63mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-Fi, 38mm throttle body
- Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Front Suspension
- 37mm fork; 4.65 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link single shock with five positions of spring preload adjustability; 4.07 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Single 296mm disc
- Rear Brakes
- Single 220mm disc
- Front Tire
- 110/70-17 radial
- Rear Tire
- 140/70-17 radial
- 54.3 in.
- Seat Height
- 30.7 in.
- 25.30 deg.
- 3.9 in. (98mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.4 gal.
- 71 MPG
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 348 lb.
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Analog
- Standard: Digital