2017 Yamaha YZF-R3
2017 Yamaha YZFR3 IMG_8670
R WORLD STARTS HERE
The 2017 YZF-R3 is the easiest way to enter the world of Yamaha R-series superbike performance.
- Potent Twin-Cylinder Powerplant: Large 321cc twin-cylinder engine offers excellent performance whether navigating cross-town traffic, hitting the twisties, or on the racetrack.
- Striking Yamaha R-Series Styling: Yamaha supersport-inspired styling with a full fairing in a chassis that makes it perfect for first time rider-or experienced riders who prefer a lightweight, nimble machine. And three beautiful coloring options are available which means there is a color choice that is right for you.
- Advanced Engine Design: Forged pistons-just like the R1 and R6-are very lightweight while providing exceptional strength. And innovative Yamaha features like the offset cylinders reduce friction for more power.
- Balanced Sportbike Ergonomics: The YZF-R3 features clip-on handlebars and a riding position that provides a great balance of comfort and sporty riding position.
- Compact, Confident Rider Seating: With a flat seat design and a seat height of only 30.7 inches on the YZF-R3, it’s easy to get both feet firmly on the ground and inspire confidence, especially for beginner riders.
- Potent Twin-Cylinder Powerplant: 321cc, liquid-cooled, inline 2-cylinder DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder, fuel-injected engine delivers excellent power and performance throughout the rpm range.
- High-Revving Sportbike Heritage: With a compression ratio of 11.2:1, the engine develops maximum power at 10,750 rpm for an exciting ride and broad spread of power.
- Responsive Engine Architecture: With a 180 degree crank design, the engine provides minimized vibrations and a smooth running engine character throughout the rpm range.
- Modern Fuel Injection: Downdraft induction fuel injection system provides easy starts and smooth performance in all conditions.
- Advanced Cylinder Construction: Yamaha’s all-aluminum DiASil cylinder is used to ensure excellent heat dissipation, with an innovative offset cylinder design that reduces horsepower loss and improves both power and fuel efficiency.
- Strong and Lightweight Pistons: Forged aluminum pistons-the same technology used for the R1 and R6-means lighter weight and excellent strength at higher temperatures, ensuring reliability at higher rpm.
- Advanced Frame: Steel frame and swingarm designed with Yamaha’s extensive chassis expertise for a light and nimble, yet solid, handling character.
- Potent Braking: The 298mm floating mount front disc brake ensures excellent stopping power, while a 220mm floating disc handles the braking performance on the back. The YZF-R3 ABS model also features an antilock braking system to boost rider confidence and prevent wheel lock-ups in reduced-traction conditions.
- Plush, Controlled Suspension: 41mm KYB® front suspension offers 5.1 inches of travel for rider comfort and control, while a preload-adjustable rear shock allows tuning for passenger and cargo.
- Sportbike-Spec Alloy Wheels: 10-spoke cast aluminum wheels are both strong and high in style while reducing unsprung weight.
- Thorough Instrumentation: The multi-function meter informs the rider of gear position, fuel capacity, real time and average fuel economy, water temp, clock and an oil change trip meter.
- Yamaha R-Series Styling: Legendary Yamaha R-series styling and performance come standard! Great styling matched to excellent engine performance and chassis design are the hallmarks of Yamaha’s R-series-and YZF-R3 carries on the heritage with great results.
- Engine Type: 321cc liquid-cooled, DOHC inline twin-cylinder; 8 valves/cylinder
- Bore x Stroke: 68.0mm x 44.1mm
- Compression Ratio: 11.2:1
- Fuel Delivery: Fuel injection
- Ignition: Digital TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: 6-speed, wet multiplate clutch
- Final Drive: Chain
- Suspension / Front: 41mm KYB® telescopic fork; 5.1-in travel
- Suspension / Rear: KYB® single shock; 4.9-in travel
- Brakes / Front: 298mm hydraulic disc
- Brakes / Rear: 220mm hydraulic disc
- Tires / Front: 110/70-17
- Tires / Rear: 140/70-17
- L x W x H: 82.3 in. x 28.3 in. x 44.7 in.
- Seat Height: 30.7 in.
- Wheelbase: 54.3 in.
- Rake (Caster Angle): 25.0 deg.
- Trail: 3.7 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 3.7 gal.
- Fuel Economy: 56 mpg
- Wet Weight: 368 lb.
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
- New ABS-Equipped Model Available: For 2017, the YZF-R3 offers the option of an ABS model to support the hydraulic disk braking system. The antilock braking system boosts rider confidence by preventing wheel lock-ups in reduced-traction conditions.
- Engine Type
- DOHC inline twin-cylinder; 8 valves/cylinder
- Bore and Stroke
- 68.0mm x 44.1mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Fuel injection
- Digital TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- 6-speed, wet multiplate clutch
- Final Drive
- Front Suspension
- 41mm KYB® telescopic fork; 5.1-in travel
- Rear Suspension
- KYB® single shock; 4.9-in travel
- Front Brakes
- 298mm hydraulic disc
- Rear Brakes
- 220mm hydraulic disc
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 54.3 in.
- Seat Height
- 30.7 in.
- 25.0 deg.
- 3.7 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.7 gal.
- 56 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 368 lb.
- Matte Black; Team Yamaha Blue
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)