2018 Yamaha V-STAR 250
STAR LIGHT, STAR BRIGHT.
Great things come in small packages: light and nimble, plenty of torque, smooth power, huge MPGs and a low seat for confident handling.
- Compact Custom: Light weight and a seat just 27 inches from the pavement make the V Star 250® a great trainer as well as a great choice for riders who appreciate the fun that comes in small packages.
- Big Bike Style: Dual exhausts, plenty of quality chrome and typical Star attention to detail—this is one sharp little cruiser.
- Strong Brakes: Front disc brake provides highly controllable stopping power.
- Unique V-twin Performance: The V Star 250 is the only V-twin in its class.
- Ultra-Efficient Engine: Estimated 78 mpg* means almost 200 miles between fill-ups.
- Uniquely Potent V-twin: Air-cooled, 249cc, 60-degree V-twin engine with a long 66mm stroke produces plenty of bottom-end torque and smooth roll-on power. And it’s the only V-twin engine in its class, too.
- Smooth Running: Single 26mm Mikuni® downdraft carburetor ensures optimal fuel/air mixing and delivery with superb throttle response.
- Flexible Gearing: Widely geared five-speed transmission makes the most of V Star 250’s powerband.
- Electric Start: Easy, dependable electric starting.
- Classic Exhaust Layout: Beautiful dual chrome exhaust pipes let the engine breathe and put out that classic V-twin rumble.
- Low Maintenance Motor: Automatic cam chain tensioner virtually eliminates maintenance and helps extend engine life.
- Agile Chassis: 58.7-inch wheelbase creates a long, low package with great handling and maneuverability.
- Strong Brakes: 282mm single front disc brake and a rear drum brake provide plenty of stopping power.
- Low Seat Height: Plush and low-stepped saddle keeps the rider sitting low and lets almost everybody flatfoot the pavement.
- Plush Suspension: Telescopic front fork with 5.5 inches of travel provides a nice, smooth ride. Twin rear shocks feature 3.9 inches of travel and adjustable spring preload for versatility under various loads.
- Open Riding Position: A custom style handlebar gives the V Star 250 a modern look and comfortable riding position.
- Big Bike Style: Extensive chrome details accent engine and side covers for incomparable “big bike” fit and finish.
- Generous Fuel Range: Stylishly sculpted teardrop fuel tank features 2.5-gallon capacity for excellent cruising range.
- Forward Mount Controls: Forward-set foot pegs enhance rider comfort by creating added legroom.
- Stylish Fenders: Wide rear fender and front and rear wire-spoked wheels add the perfect classic, retro touch to this stylish package.
- Engine Type: 15-cu.in. (249cc) air-cooled, SOHC 60 deg. V-twin, 4 valves
- Bore x Stroke: 49.0mm x 66.0mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
- Fuel Delivery: Mikuni® 26mm carburetor
- Ignition: TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: Chain
- Suspension / Front: 33mm fork; 5.5-in travel
- Suspension / Rear: Dual shocks, adjustable preload; 3.9-in travel
- Brakes / Front: Hydraulic disc, 282mm
- Brakes / Rear: 130mm drum
- Tires / Front: 3.00-18
- Tires / Rear: 130/90-15
- L x W x H: 86.2 in. x 28.0 in. x 41.7 in.
- Seat Height: 27.0 in.
- Wheelbase: 58.7 in.
- Rake (Caster Angle): 32.0 deg.
- Trail: 4.7 in.
- Maximum Ground Clearance: 5.7 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 2.5 gal. / CA model 2.4 gal.
- Fuel Economy: 78 mpg
- Wet Weight: 326 lb.
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Engine Type
- SOHC 60 deg. V-twin, 4 valves
- 15-cu.in. (249cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 49.0mm x 66.0mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Mikuni® 26mm carburetor
- TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive
- Front Suspension
- 33mm fork; 5.5-in travel
- Rear Suspension
- Dual shocks, adjustable preload; 3.9-in travel
- Front Brakes
- Hydraulic disc, 282mm
- Rear Brakes
- 130mm drum
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 58.7 in.
- Seat Height
- 27.0 in.
- 32.0 deg.
- 4.7 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.5 gal. / CA model 2.4 gal.
- 78 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 326 lb.
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)