2018 Yamaha YZ85
HOW CHAMPIONS GET THEIR START.
Light, nimble and packed with race‑winning DNA.
- Engine Type: 85cc liquid-cooled 2-stroke; reed-valve inducted
- Bore x Stroke: 47.5mm x 47.8mm
- Compression Ratio: 8.1:1
- Fuel Delivery: Keihin® PWK 28
- Ignition: CDI
- Transmission: Constant-mesh 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: Chain
- Suspension / Front: Inverted fork; fully adjustable, 10.8-in travel
- Suspension / Rear: Single shock; fully adjustable, 11.1-in travel
- Brakes / Front: Hydraulic single disc, 220mm
- Brakes / Rear: Hydraulic single disc, 190mm
- Tires / Front: 70/100-17 Dunlop®
- Tires / Rear: 90/100-14 Dunlop®
- L x W x H: 71.7 in. x 29.9 in. x 44.3 in.
- Seat Height: 33.1 in.
- Wheelbase: 49.5 in.
- Rake (Caster Angle): 26.2 deg.
- Trail: 3.5 in.
- Maximum Ground Clearance: 13.0 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 1.3 gal.
- Wet Weight***: 157 lb.
- Warranty: 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Modern Styling: Aggressive, modern styling includes the front fender, number plate, radiator shroud and side number plates.
- Adjustable Controls: Clutch lever reach adjuster to accommodate smaller hands for younger riders.
- Compact Two-Stroke Powerplant: Liquid-cooled, 85cc crankcase reed-valve-inducted six-speed is light, compact and designed to deliver hard-hitting, moto-winning power throughout the rpm range.
- Close-Ratio Transmission: Smooth-shifting, six-speed close-ratio transmission with heavy duty multiplate clutch delivers maximum hookup for outstanding acceleration and corner-exiting power.
- Strong, Compact Frame: Ultra-rigid, single-backbone, semi-double-cradle frame is lightweight and strong for sharp handling.
- Race-Ready Suspension: Fully adjustable suspension allows a broad adjustment range to suit everybody from rank novice to mini expert.
- Compact, Powerful Two-Stroke: 85cc liquid-cooled, crankcase reed-valve-inducted, two-stroke engine inhales through a 28mm Keihin® flat-slide carburetor; seamless throttle response across the powerband is the result.
- Reliable Clutch Design: Involute spline set-up in clutch means smoother shifting under power with great durability at competition-level usage. A two-piece clutch cover provides easy access during maintenance.
- High Capacity Radiator: Lightweight radiator has large cores and louvers, and the water pump features a cast aluminum (vs. resin) impeller for maximum cooling efficiency.
- Race-Tuned Exhaust: Lightweight exhaust system design helps create a broader powerband with stronger low-end punch.
- High-Flow Airbox: Airbox design ensures greater air cleaning performance and easier maintenance.
- Lightweight Subframe: Rear subframe is removable to allow easy maintenance.
- Fully-Adjustable Fork: Lightweight 36mm KYB® inverted cartridge fork features 10.8 inches of travel with compression and rebound damping adjustability, and low-friction outer tubes and internals.
- Fully Adjustable Shock: Rear suspension features fully adjustable Kayaba® link-type shock with 11.1 inches of travel and race-tested compression damping valving.
- High Performance Brakes: 220mm front disc and 190mm rear disc brakes with stainless steel rotors deliver strong, precise stopping power.
- Lightweight Wheels: Lightweight 17-inch front and 14-inch rear rims are durable and reduce unsprung weight for optimal suspension performance.
- Race-Ready Tires: Dunlop® knobbies provide great traction on a variety of tracks and terrain.
- Smart Rider Ergonomics: Wide handlebar and flat fuel tank, radiator shrouds, side panels and rear fender provide rider with leverage and freedom of movement and weight transfer.
- Grippy Footpegs: Wide foot pegs provide superb comfort and grip.
- Simplified Servicing: Separate clutch cover with transmission oil filler opening makes for easy maintenance.
- Fuel Tank Design: Fuel tank cap is wider for easier usage, and large tank opening ensures fast, hassle-free refueling.
- Engine Type
- 85cc liquid-cooled 2-stroke; reed-valve inducted
- Bore and Stroke
- 47.5mm x 47.8mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Keihin® PWK 28
- Front Suspension
- Inverted fork; fully adjustable, 10.8-in travel
- Front Brakes
- Hydraulic single disc, 220mm
- Front Tire
- 70/100-17 Dunlop®
- Rear Suspension
- Single shock; fully adjustable, 11.1-in travel
- Rear Brakes
- Hydraulic single disc, 190mm
- Rear Tire
- 90/100-14 Dunlop®
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 157 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 1.3 gal.
- 49.5 in.
- Ground Clearance
- 13.0 in.
- Seat Height
- 33.1 in.
- 3.5 in.
- 26.2 deg.
- Constant-mesh 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive
- Team Yamaha Blue
- 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)