2019 Suzuki RMX450Z
Stock Image: Solid Black/Champion Yellow No.2
Powerered by a torquey, fuel-injected, 449cc engine, the 2019 RMX450Z is the motorcycle that's ideal for serious off-road work or just a fun day on the trails. Everything you need to take the lead off road is here, starting with the slim, aggressively-styled chassis and bodywork. Toss in the push-button electric starter, the full-function, two-mode instrument cluster, and enduro lighting, and you have the conveniences that take the worry out of your ride. Sharing core engine and chassis technology--plus new bodywork colors and graphics--with Suzuki's Championship-winning open-class motocrosser, the RMX450Z rewrites the rules for serious trail riders.
- Fuel-injected engine is based on Suzuki's winning open-class motocrosser, the RM-Z450.
- The RMX450Z is EPA Emissions and California red sticker compliant.
- Trail-ready features include an electric starter powered by a compact battery (plus kick-start back-up), a coolant reservoir tank, and an engine protector plate.
- Enduro ready, full-function instrument cluster includes a low fuel level warning light.
- The airbox features a hinged lid for quick air filter maintenance.
- Aluminum alloy twin-spar frame features a high-performance Showa fork and piggyback reservoir style rear shock.
- Competition-developed seat and slim bodywork creates a controllable, ergonomic riding position.
- The racing-inspired bodywork and new graphics for 2019 include a sturdy steering stem that is anodized black, complementing the gold fork leg finish.
- Black anodized Excel aluminum rims are ready to withstand rugged off-road conditions.
- The RMX450Z's 449cc, four-stroke, four-valve, liquid-cooled, fuel-injected, DOHC power plant is based on the high-performance and reliable RM-Z450.
- Minimal differences as compared to the RM-Z450 motocross engine include a modified inlet tract and revised cam profiles to increase low- and mid-rpm power.
- The compact aluminum cylinder is finished with Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) coating for durability, light weight, and efficient heat transfer.
- A larger magneto generator is fitted to charge the battery and power the lights. The increased mass on the crankshaft also aids traction.
- Advanced fuel injection system makes for extra-smooth power delivery, high fuel efficiency, and superb reliability.
- The airbox features a hinged lid for quick air filter maintenance and better protection from debris.
- The coolant reservoir tank has a specially located filler cap for easy access.
- Strong five-speed transmission with wide gear ratios and primary/final drive ratios have been selected to suit various situations from steep trails to open terrain.
- The aluminum alloy twin-spar frame combines cast and extruded sections to achieve low weight with high rigidity and durability.
- RM-Z450-derived trail-ready suspension uses high-performance Showa forks with full adjustability.
- Aluminum link-style swingarm is descended from the RM-Z line and uses a fully adjustable Showa piggyback reservoir style rear shock.
- Rear suspension linkage geometry combines the RM-Z series' renowned turning-on-rails abilities with optimized handling performance for trail rides.
- Race-inspired waved disc rotors are mounted to black Excel aluminum rims with stainless steel spokes.
- High-impact, black plastic fork leg and rear brake rotor and caliper protectors shield these components from trail obstacles.
- The standard Renthal Fatbar is stronger and reduces vibration better than conventional aluminum handlebars.
- Bright 35-watt headlight is smoothly incorporated into the front number plate.
- Trim, low-draw LED tail light is neatly tucked under the lip of the rear fender.
- The full-function, dual (sport/standard) mode instrument cluster is in a durable, ultra-compact housing. Sport mode simply shows timer, tripmeter, average speed, and tire-diameter correction (to reduce information during spirited riding or competition). Standard mode also shows speed, time, two trip lengths, and voltage. The instrument's integrated tire diameter calculator allows precise fine-tuning for different tires to ensure accuracy of the speed and distance displays. Instruments include a low fuel level warning light.
- Champion Yellow bodywork (including yellow fenders and white front number plate) comes with race team-inspired graphics package.
- Gripper seat, with projected cross-shaped patterns on its blue top surface, aids rider control.
- Six-month limited warranty. Longer coverage periods with other benefits are available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP).
- A variety of Genuine Suzuki Accessories for RMX450Z owners are available, including a large selection of Suzuki logo apparel.
- Engine: 449cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, single cylinder, DOHC
- Bore Stroke: 96.0 mm x 62.1 mm (3.78 in. x 2.40 in.)
- Compression Ratio: 11.6:1
- Fuel System: Fuel injection, 41mm throttle body
- Starter: Electric with back-up kickstarter
- Lubrication: Semi-dry sump
- Clutch: Wet multi-plate
- Transmission: 5-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive: Chain, DID 520MXV, 114 links
- Suspension Front: Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped, adjustable damping force
- Suspension Rear: Link type, coil spring, oil damped, adjustable spring preload and damping force
- Brakes Front: Disc brake, single rotor
- Brakes Rear: Disc brake, single rotor
- Tires Front: 80/100-21 M/C 51M, tube type
- Tires Rear: 110/90-18 M/C 64M, tube type
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 6.2 L (1.6 US gal.)
- Color: Championship Yellow with black/blue accents
- Ignition: Electronic ignition (CDI)
- Spark Plug: NGK CR8EIB-10
- Headlight: 12V 35W
- Tail light: LED
- Overall Length: 2185 mm (86.0 in.)
- Overall Width: 840 mm (33.1 in.)
- Overall Height: 1265 mm (49.8 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1485 mm (58.5 in)
- Ground Clearance: 320 mm (12.6 in)
- Seat Height: 950 mm (37.4 in)
- Curb Weight: 123.5 kg (272 lb.)
- Warranty: 6-month unlimited mileage limited warranty.
- Extensions: Longer coverage periods with other benefits available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP).
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke, single cylinder, DOHC
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.78 in. x 2.40 in. (96.0 mm x 62.1 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Fuel in.jection, 41mm throttle body
- Electronic ignition (CDI)
- Front Suspension
- Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped, adjustable damping force
- Front Brakes
- Disc brake, single rotor
- Front Tire
- 80/100-21 M/C 51M, tube type
- Rear Suspension
- Link type, coil spring, oil damped, adjustable spring preload and damping force
- Rear Brakes
- Disc brake, single rotor
- Rear Tire
- 110/90-18 M/C 64M, tube type
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 272 lb. (123.5 kg)
- Fuel Capacity
- 1.6 US gal. (6.2 L)
- 58.5 in. (1485 mm)
- Ground Clearance
- 12.6 in. (320 mm)
- Seat Height
- 37.4 in. (950 mm)
- 5-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive
- Chain, DID 520MXV, 114 links
- Championship Yellow with black/blue accents
- 6-month unlimited mileage limited warranty.