2019 Yamaha WR250F
The Bike For All Trails
The DNA of its YZ250F and FX brothers in a light, great handling trail machine for all around off‑road riding.
- Competition Ready Enduro: Revolutionary rearward slanted, liquid-cooled, DOHC 4-stroke power plant with 4 titanium valves based on the YZ250F™, with an added sixth gear and wide ratio transmission, among other modifications, make it perfect for enduro competition.
- Nimble Chassis: The same bilateral beam frame that is found on the championship winning YZ250F is used on the WR250F™. It places the engine and fuel tank close to the center mass of the bike for extremely light and nimble handling character.
- Fuel Injection: A Keihin® 44mm throttle body fuel injection system tuned for enduro riding ensures smooth throttle response and easy starting in nearly all conditions. Plus, electric start reduces rider fatigue on hard rides.
- Advanced Suspension: Industry leading fully-adjustable KYB® spring-type forks with speed sensitive damping and a KYB® rear shock, each tuned with enduro-specific settings.
- Enduro-Specific Features: With a 2 gallon fuel tank, multi-function enduro computer, 18-inch rear wheel, O-ring chain, skid plate and enduro spec tires, the WR250F is ready to win right out of the box.
- Unique Engine Tuning: The revolutionary, rearward slanted, high-performance liquid-cooled 4- stroke, 4-valve, fuel-injected engine has been tuned for enduro riding, with model-specific cylinder head, piston, camshafts, transmission internals, ECU settings, and more.
- Fuel Injection: The fuel injection system uses 3-D mapped electronic control for the injection of fuel and ignition timing that are optimized for the challenges of enduro riding.
- 6-Speed Gearbox: A 6-speed wide-ratio transmission is used to improve traction in all types of conditions.
- Electric Start: Push-button electric start makes starting the WR250F easy and convenient.
- Race-Ready Cooling: YZ-based radiators feature an electric fan, ensuring stable cooling performance in tight and slow riding conditions.
- Robust Aluminum Frame: An all-aluminum bilateral beam frame similar to the YZ250F motocrosser provides strength, lightness and durability for all riding conditions, and is tuned especially for the demands of long enduro rides.
- Lightweight Subframe: Removable aluminum rear subframe constructed of square-section tube for reduced weight.
- Advanced Suspension: Industry favorite fully adjustable KYB® spring-type forks with speed sensitive damping with Kashima Coat™ and a KYB® rear shock, also with Kashima Coat™ and featuring a large 50mm piston. Both the forks and rear shock are tuned specifically for enduro riding.
- Purpose-Built Tires: Special enduro spec tires are used to maximize traction while delivering excellent wear.
- Full-Featured Instrumentration: An onboard enduro computer is standard and features speedo, odometer, average speed, clock and more.
- Practical Touches: The WR250F features a headlight, taillight and skid plate. A side stand is standard for added rider convenience.
- Engine Type: 250cc liquid-cooled DOHC 4-stroke; 4 valves
- Bore x Stroke: 77.0mm x 53.6mm
- Compression Ratio: 13.5:1
- Fuel Delivery: Keihin® fuel injection, 44mm
- Transmission: Wide-ratio 6-speed; wet multiplate clutch
- Final Drive: O-ring chain
- Suspension / Front: KYB® spring-type fork with speed sensitive damping; fully adjustable; 12.2 in. travel
- Suspension / Rear: KYB® single shock; fully adjustable; 12.5 in. travel
- Brakes / Front: Hydraulic single disc brake, 270mm
- Brakes / Rear: Hydraulic single disc brake, 245mm
- Tires / Front: Dunlop® MX3S 80/100-21
- Tires / Rear: Dunlop® MX3S 110/100-18
- L x W x H: 85.2 in. x 32.5 in. x 50.4 in.
- Seat Height: 38.0 in.
- Wheelbase: 57.7 in.
- Rake (Caster Angle): 26.33 deg.
- Trail: 4.5 in.
- Maximum Ground Clearance: 12.8 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 2.0 gal.
- Wet Weight: 258 lb.
- Warranty: 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Engine Type
- DOHC 4-stroke; 4 valves
- Bore and Stroke
- 77.0mm x 53.6mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Keihin® fuel injection, 44mm
- Front Suspension
- KYB® spring-type fork with speed sensitive damping; fully adjustable; 12.2 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Hydraulic single disc brake, 270mm
- Front Tire
- Dunlop® MX3S 80/100-21
- Rear Suspension
- KYB® single shock; fully adjustable; 12.5 in. travel
- Rear Brakes
- Hydraulic single disc brake, 245mm
- Rear Tire
- Dunlop® MX3S 110/100-18
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 258 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.0 gal.
- 57.7 in.
- Ground Clearance
- 12.8 in.
- Seat Height
- 38.0 in.
- 4.5 in.
- 26.33 deg.
- Wide-ratio 6-speed; wet multiplate clutch
- Final Drive
- O-ring chain
- Team Yamaha Blue
- 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)